DUBLIN, Nov. 10, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — The “Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient CDMO Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Highly Potent API, Antibody Drug Conjugate), By Synthesis, By Drug, By Application, By Workflow, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2023 – 2030” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global active pharmaceutical ingredient CDMO market size is expected to reach USD 156.3 billion by 2030. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.9% from 2023 to 2030.
Increasing pharmaceutical R&D investments, patent expirations, and a rise in demand for generic drugs and biologic innovations propelling outsourcing are the factors driving the market.
The growth of small molecules, rising active pharmaceutical ingredient (API) complexity and the need to reduce costs are factors contributing to the rapid expansion of outsourcing services in the pharmaceutical sector. Only a few companies have achieved global reach and scale in the contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) sector, which is still fragmented. Besides, many companies are providing one-stop-shop solutions as an integrated source of APIs and formulations.
As the healthcare industry is undergoing a process of dynamic change, factors such as rapid technological advancements (e.g., automation & AI), the need for CROs/CMOs/CDMOs, and rising investments in research are influencing the healthcare market. The outsourcing of activities is benefitting many pharmaceutical companies in improving their operational efficiencies, expanding their geographical presence, decreasing resource costs, gaining therapeutic expertise, and enhancing on-demand services.
The COVID-19 pandemic placed unprecedented expectations on API makers, as evidenced by the substantial increase in demand for medications required to manage critically ill patients on mechanical ventilation. As a result, the sudden need to rapidly increase production has emphasized the need for adaptability for API CDMOs in maintaining drug supply, with some companies proving to be better prepared to withstand the pressures of quick scale-up than others. Growing demand for new therapies worldwide and an increase in the conduction of clinical research in the post-pandemic period are expected to support the market in the coming years.
- Cambrex Corporation
- Recipharm AB
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (Pantheon)
- Samsung Biologics
- Catalent, Inc.
- Siegfried Holding AG
- Piramal Pharma Solutions
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- CordenPharma International
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient CDMO Market Report Highlights
- The traditional active pharmaceutical ingredient segment dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share of 39.8% in 2022, due to the high adoption of traditional API in majority of pharmaceuticals
- The innovative drugs segment held 73.7% of the revenue share in 2022. This is largely attributed to increasing FDA approvals for new molecular entities, and the increased focus on R&D by innovator API companies
- The oncology segment led the market with the highest revenue share of 35.5% in 2022. This is due to the increasing demand for highly potent APIs for cancer therapy
- The biotech segment is expected to grow at the fastest rate of 7.0% over the forecast period, owing to the high adoption of biopharmaceuticals in the treatment of chronic and infectious diseases
- The clinical workflow segment is anticipated to witness the fastest CAGR of 7.3% over the forecast period. An increase in the number of clinical research studies supporting the demand for APIs is one of the key factors driving segment growth
- In Asia Pacific, the market is expected to register the fastest CAGR of 9.1% over the forecast period. Due to the extreme growth in the number of pharmaceutical companies and contract manufacturing organizations in developing countries such as India and China, the region is likely to overtake Europe and North America in the near future
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1. Methodology and Scope
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
Chapter 3. Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients CDMO Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1. Market Lineage Outlook
3.1.1. Parent market outlook
3.1.2. Related/ancillary market outlook
3.2. Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping
3.3. Market Dynamics
3.3.1. Market Driver Analysis
18.104.22.168. Increasing pharmaceutical R&D investment
22.214.171.124. Rising demand for generic drugs
126.96.36.199. Patent expiration
188.8.131.52. Expanding consumption of biopharmaceuticals
3.3.2. Market Restraint Analysis
184.108.40.206. Compliance issues while outsourcing
3.3.3. COVID-19 Impact & Recovery Analysis
3.3.4. Industry Analysis – Porter’s Five Forces
3.3.5. PESTLE Analysis
Chapter 4. Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients CDMO Market: Product Segment Analysis
Chapter 5. Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients CDMO Market: Synthesis Segment Analysis
Chapter 6. Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients CDMO Market: Drug Segment Analysis
Chapter 7. Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients CDMO Market: Workflow Segment Analysis
Chapter 8. Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients CDMO Market: Application Segment Analysis
Chapter 9. Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients CDMO Market: Regional Analysis
Chapter 10. Competitive Landscape
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ryvqfd
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets
Originally published at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/oncology-dominates-active-pharmaceutical-ingredient-cdmo-market-with-35-5-revenue-share-in-2022–fueled-by-growing-demand-for-potent-apis-301984964.html
Images courtesy of https://pixabay.com